An Extraordinary Gardening Event
42 Bond Street
Please join us for the 2014 Perennial Spring Plant Sale, rain or shine:
May 17 & 18 (8:00-3:00)
Saturday and Sunday
Expert Sister Plant growers are on hand to answer your gardening questions and to personally assist you. Look for our purple visors! We love sharing our plants and gardening expertise with you.
The crowd comes early on Saturday to get the best selection. Although it may get a little hectic at times, the camaraderie and festivity during the sale is lots of fun.
The sale is run yearly in conjunction with the Reading Garden Club Sale. The annual Reading Garden Club Sale is just down the street.
May 19 & 20 (Daylight Hours)
Monday and Tuesday
The sale continues as self-serve, with "How-To" instructions posted.
Note: Many of the plants remaining at the end of the sale are donated to local park, public space, island beautification projects, or other charitable programs.
Featuring in 2013:
- 500 perennials for sale with over 100 new varieties listed
- 45 vegetable selections: tomatoes including heirlooms, peppers and eggplants locally grown (so much better than commercial plants)
- Check out our double hellebores, dwarf buddleia, and large collections of daylily, hosta and Siberian iris
- 2013 Plants for Sale List (PDF)
(PDF format, 357KB, 18 pages)
If you prefer, download the 2013 list of "plants for sale" as a spreadsheet:
- 2013 Plants for Sale List (XLS)
(Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet (.xls), 188 KB)
Note: The letters next to plants on our list correspond to the participating gardener who has that plant for sale. Due to unpredictable growing conditions, not all plants may be available. However, many additional unlisted varieties will be on hand at the sale.
Visit this link if you need to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader:
On Saturday, May 18, 2013, from 9:00-1:00, the Reading Garden Club will hold its yearly plant sale at the Reading Public Library, just a few blocks from Bond Street. They offer many items which we do not sell, such as annuals, hanging baskets, geraniums, garden accessories, baked goods, and more.
We grow the majority of our plants ourselves, so we can sell them to you at reasonable prices.
- $3 to $4 for starter-sized plants.
- $5 and up for shrubs, trees, large, rare, or prized varieties.
Our prices reflect the maturity, ease of propagation, or rarity of a plant. Our aim is to sell healthy, home-grown plants at reasonable prices.
Here are a few more notes related to the sale:
- Bringing a carry-away box or tray for your purchases helps us.
- There will be a plant parking lot.
- When selecting plant material, bigger and blooming is not necessarily better.
- Occasionally, a plant may be mislabeled. If this happens, please forgive us and feel free to ask for a replacement.